We are relentlessly focused on helping schools manage specialized processes, workflows and online information collection. All of Next Gen’s applications, Dynamic Forms, Scholarship Manager, JobX and TimesheetX, connect with student and institution-related information that often resides in a school information system (SIS) or other databases. Through new application programming interfaces (APIs), we are enhancing the ways Next Gen solutions empower accuracy, security and efficiency.
APIs enable software and databases to communicate, and often come in the form of a library that includes specifications for routines, data structures, object classes, and variables. In other cases, such as web services, an API is simply a specification of remote calls (e.g., a request for a field of data) exposed to the API consumers. Some examples of uses for APIs include:
- Reading information from a source database or system, and pre-populating data fields in forms:
- Prefilling all fields except critical ones in a form
- Prefilling dropdown lists from a school information system (SIS) list
- Accessing data from forms and populating other systems
- Updating the status of completed fields or forms on the SIS system
- Moving images submitted in a form directly into an imaging system
APIs can be used to confirm or correct student information from an SIS such as Ellucian, or pre-populate contact fields in an online payment system. Contact us today to learn more about how we can create customized online registration, scholarship, employment, time reporting and other processes or forms using APIs to connect with your existing systems.